Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Notebook

The notebook. No not the movie which by the way I hated but the spiral bound cheep notebook that you get at Wal-mart for $.95 unless it is the beginning of school when you can sock up for 10 cent a pop! Yes that one. I have decided that I cannot live without them. I could fill landfills with them. I probably already have. I have informed DJ that if I die before him. I want him to see notebooks and think of me.
I find them to be the most useful thing.
1. Sacrament meeting. kids can color in them and I can make notes of announcements, things I was supposed to do before I got to church. Or other things that come to mind when talks run a bit...
anyway.
2. Nightly brain storms
3. Biggest loser on Monday nights when I become motivated before I wake up the next morning.
4. Lists, I make lists for everything. Food I should eat, activities to do with my kids, places to go, books to read, movies to see, shoes and clothes I need, this could go on and on
5. schedules, eating, activities, playgroups, primary, etc...
6. drawings, when I plan out houses. Mine, Mom's, imaginary the possibilities are endless. I plan houses, kitchens, yards you name it! I think this stems from the paper doll days when my friends and I would use the back of calenders and make rooms for our paper dolls. I would also like to add that one of these friends has become an interior designer ands is continuing her education in NY as we speak, or write. whatever

anyway I guess my point it I love notebooks (not the notebook movie! ughhh) So next time you see a notebook think not only of me but the endless possibilities that await on a blank page


I could gop through my countless notebooks and find

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I should invest in notebooks. I have little pieces of paper with notes on them all over the house. At least if they were in a notebook I would have them all in one place. Hmm, have to go get me one.:O) (Oh, hated, hated the movie too-glad I'm not the only one!)

Sara said...

I think the movie The Notebook is way too contrived. Thanks for making the distinction between the two notebooks. I also love notebooks, but I prefer the one's with a blank page. NO lines allowed. That way I can get some good room for sketching out projects. I guess I am the famous friend in NYC. That's cool. Someday, maybe I'll actually have a job as a designer;)