Wednesday, May 21, 2008

white strawberries

When I lived in Ventura I belonged to a e-mail group for LDS moms. It had to much drama so I quit but there was a lady on there who grew up in CA and moved to Utah. We were all discussing strawberries. She made the joke that people in Utah think strawberries are white inside.
Last night I bought a 4 lb container of strawberries. I cut them up this morning and they were yes white inside. When Eden was blessed we bought some strawberries from Fernando's Flowers. Yea you Ventura people know what I am talking about. They were so juicy and red they would leak down your face and onto your shirt.
I think being anywhere but ca you may think strawberries come in 2 varieties. white on the inside or smooshy deep red. Aghhh so I am going to dream of strawberry fields, farmers markets and the ocean all day today. That is what I think of now when I have a strawberry.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Actually, I believe they are red in the inside, but the only kind you can find in Utah are the ones with the white insides.:P. I remember those strawberries in CA. Oh, to have some again. Yummmmmmmmmm!:)

Moose and Family said...

The berries we buy at Costco actually come from Oxnard - but they just don't taste the same. We miss good Mexican food too. And the Fog. Too bad we can't pick and choose the best parts of where we'd like to live!!