Thursday, September 25, 2008

piggy bank


So little story I want to share.
Eden was in her room and I walked by as she was dumping out toys and putting the storage boxes together to stand on.
"What are you doing?" I asked
she points to her piggy bank on top of her dresser
"you want your piggy bank?"
"yes" she says.
I told her to pick up her toys and I would get her piggy bank down.
After this was done I continued on to my journey to DJ's office to discuss some future matters with him. As we where talking we could hear Eden playing with her money.After a short while she came in proudly holding a handful of mostly pennies.
"Is that your money?"
"Yes"
"wow are you going to show it to Daddy?"
"No", she said "I am going to give it to him"
I laughed as she put he handful on his desk.

Then the truth came out.

"do you know why she did that?" DJ asked me
"no" I said
"Because she asked me to play with her and I told her I had to go work and make some money."

It is amazing to see that she wanted to help her Daddy out so he would be able to play with her. I awed and teared up by my sweet baby and her sincere jester to help him out.

This is one of the reasons I have sacrificed working to be at home with my children.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Children are amazing. They never sieze to amaze me. What a sweetie pie you have. Hug her tight for us. We love you guys.

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Awwwwww...that's adorable! Thanks for sharing. That was a great story.