Thursday, September 5, 2013

September, let's get it started!

 




Lets go back a little bit in time. Twelve years ago I was preparing to marry my one true love in the Mesa temple. Up until then I had always been thin. I never weighed myself so I am not ure what is really was. But I bought clothes in the 5/6 range. Occasionally even a 4 would do. I am 5'6 and have always been active. However, when my now husband and I became a couple I has my first shock. Yep I went in for a fitting and the seamstress mentioned I had gained weight! What? I had always heard you are too thin. Never that I had gained weight. I had no idea how! Of course I look back and I know the culprit. Ice cream! My husbands roommate always had ice cream and would scoop up large bowls every night I was there. Duh!! 
     After we were married DJ and I moved to California. That was also a shock to my system. Things started out hard. But, we eventually found a home and jobs. Then I went shopping. I was a 8!!!!! I was about 145 and I thought my life was over. There was no Pinterest then no where for me to find awesome workouts and how to eat healthy. So I was there for a while. Then Lucas was born , I seemed to be tight in my clothes but I was still an 8... I think. Then Eden came. Yikes! After she was born things haven't ever been the same. I gained! I think I got down to 160 or 170 sometime before Leila. But that was it. Now I have Molly. My fourth and final child. My no excuses kid. The you need to lose this weight and feel good in your own skin again kid. 
     So here is my challenge. I want to lose 5 pounds a month. I'll take more if I can get it. So here is my before picture. Ugh.  I am tracking my progress on www.sparkpeople.com and I am collecting a support system on Facebook

I can do this!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

go sheila! you can do this!