Sunday, May 4, 2008

DJ the great

I truly have an amazing husband. I was having a bad day. Our financial status has been straining for most of our marriage, if not all. He has been working really hard and has now started his own business. He is a real estate appraiser. He gets work and works hard. However, the market is slow. I am great full for the steady work he does get.
We have not had the luxury of being able to shop when we needed things. Clothes, shoes, etc.. We gave that up when we had Lucas. We decided that I would stay home. I have however tried things to help. I got a job at a gym last summer. I also babysat. But the money was not enough to really make it worth it.
Anyway my clothes are basic and ware out quickly. But I do have them. I was sad last night. It kind of caught up with me. DJ went out to get some food we would need for dinner tomorrow and next week. He was gone for a really long time and I was beginning to get worried. I called him as he was turning into our driveway. I went to help get the groceries in when Duma escaped. Tricky little kitty! We finally got back in and DJ had bought me a new outfit. IT came from wal-mart. The sweater was too big, the shirt was a little large but it will be fine. Then the cutest little skirt. I was scared it would be to small but it wasn't. Wal-mart surprises me sometime with cute clothes. It is always worth browsing! Anyway, I love my DJ he tries so hard to take care of us and wants me to be happy. I am amazed that he is a real person. He has his own likes and dislikes. But he will watch my Jane Austins and musicals with me. I love that about him.
So all in all I have to say I adore him.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

i love that you adore him. what a sweet story about your sweet man!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

That is so sweet. What a good man you have. They are so hard to come by. I'm sure glad I have one. (And WalMart does have some nice things, you just have to hunt.:O)

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

What a great surprise. It's wonderful that you can appreciate a good husband. You guys are too cute.