Friday, May 9, 2008

helping the economy

So I am not sure about how I feel about this whole "recession" I just put my awesome economic stimulus check to work. We paid bills, DJ got a not so great hair cut and we went on a date! It seems to me the lenders and the home builders just got greedy. The lenders started lending money to poeple who bought houses from these fancy new developments. Houses that were not practical for them and were too expensive. This is not true for all people, but many. Then the home builders seemed to build 2 houses per lot. What happened to the idea of back yards, front yards, and privacy? Not it seems we have a surplus out housing. People moved out of town to outskirts to get good deals. Then the built up that part of town (Sahuarita, Gilbert, Queen Creek) Then we talk about how the economy is so bad and how sacred we are. I went to Gilbert and saw 2 or 3 brand new wal-marts , 2-3 Targets, shopping malls, theaters etc... Within a few miles of each other.
I think people need to stop being consumers and start paying there bills. I think we should pay for the houses and the cars we have. I think we should start reading Books with substance and stop reading tabloids. We should stop letting our teenagers watch sweet 16 (hilarious!) and then get in there head that there sweet sixteen is not a red carpet event. But 16 years they survived you not killing them. (that would be a joke) But seriously. Build parks, nature reserves, beautiful places where people can enjoy things that are real. Schools and libraries. Aquariums
( one in Tucson where they have baji life, would be freakin awesome!) Get rid of the meth and alcohol, ex con petafile filled trailer parks and build nice homes and lower income optioned housing. Make what we have better and cleaner. I know it costs more money. But isn't it worth it?
Anyway I think we are a greedy country and have forgotten that Hollywood is it's own planet and doesn't really equal happiness or success. I believe in Family, Friends, Community. Is what out govenment officials should base there decisions on. What is best for that. I also think Local govenment has to take the first step. The President has less influence on our day to day life. Then the Superintendent of our local schools. We need to be more Vocal Yeah! power to the people!!
In the end I am just saying it. I don't know why, maybe it's because it is late. But mainly because I can. I find this economic stimulus funny. The Mall and wal-mart doesn't seem to be less crowded. It just seems like there is more of them. Maybe we should go to Myanmar and learn what it really means to be in trouble.
The End

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Wooo-hooo!!! Rock the boat and I amen all of that!

Janalee said...

true dat