Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad

On that note. Today is also Fathers day. I am greatful for my own Father. My Dad was born in Chuichupa, Mexico. He is the youngest child of 8 children. He and 2 of his older sisters are the only ones still alive. When he was 13 his own Father passed away. His Mother was deaf and very poor. He moved to Arizona and was raised my different siblings. He lived in Pomerine, and later in Miami AZ.

He married my Mother is Jan 1961. They raised 7 children. But had 8 Losing one child a daughter in 1963. She lived about a month. They buried her in a small cometary in Pine Arizona.

My Father is a hard working man. Since I was a small child around 2 he was put in a bishopric. He worked in bishoprics, high councilmen, and stake presidency most of my life. He was one who understood the gospel. Believes in the smallest of principles. Works hard to do what is asked of him. He recently was released from his Bishop calling and has happily been serving with my mother in th Bishops store house.

I know my Dad will do anything for his children. We have never been a wealthy family but he has done what it takes and continues to make sure we have what we need. Even some things we just want. He loves his children and will no questions asked be willing to do what it takes to take care of them. He loves his grandchildren and is so proud of them. He loves it the most when the little ones will just sit in his lap and let him hold them.

I love my Daddy and I am so glad he's my Dad.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

That is so beautiful. Do you mind if I copy that off for Mark? I just love and adore your dad. He is such a great man. I could not ask for a kinder father-in-law or grandfather for our boys. You are so blessed to have such a sweet daddy.:)